Re: Hello from a new user interested in shipping applications

Numerical performance:

 The Scheme2000 workshop at Montreal will present a short paper on
 numerical performance concerning extremely tough numerical problems.

 The author is a numerical analyst. He will present an experiment he
 conducted writing large numerical projects in Scheme with a graduate
 course and comparing them to existing C libraries. The results are pretty
 good, though I have to admit they are for gambit, not mzscheme.

 In the past, I have developed such software using DrScheme but in a style
 that ensured it was totally Chez compatible. When I needed performance to
 run the program on "real" inputs, I switched to Chez. That has worked well
 for me.

-- Matthias