Re: 103/1

Matthew Flatt <mflatt@cs.utah.edu> writes:

> For those of you using CVS, the currently exp-tagged version of
> MzScheme and MrEd is now 103/1 (i.e., the 1st pre-release step towards
> version 103).

MzScheme, and MrEd worked out of the box.  Nevertheless, most
collections won't work because the .zos were compiled for 102, and the
`install' (setup-plt, and setup.ss) script does not help here.

I had to delete the .zos by hand:

find . -name "*.zo" -print  -exec rm {} \;

and run `install' again, which is fairly easy, but WIBNI the setup
procedure took care of this?  Or maybe adding a `-force' argument to
the install script to re-build all the .zos?

Finally, DrScheme doesn't work because (I believe) these problems with
the .zos creations:

,--------------------
| setup-plt: Making .zos for stepper at /usr/home/solsona/scheme/plt/collects/stepper
| make: Failed to make compiled/reconstructr.zo; unit/sig: signature "plt:basis^" not defined in: (unit/sig stepper:reconstruct^ (impor...
| [...]
| setup-plt: Done setting up
| setup-plt:
| setup-plt: Error during Making .zos for stepper (/usr/home/solsona/scheme/plt/collects/stepper)
| setup-plt:   make: Failed to make compiled/reconstructr.zo; unit/sig: signature "plt:basis^" not defined in: (unit/sig stepper:reconstruct^ (impor...

here's the error message:

| % drscheme
| compound-unit/sig: 13th linkage (basis signature) for rep is missing a value name `set-setting-primitives!', required by rep unit's 13th import (basis signature)

I don't really use DrScheme (only MzScheme), so I might have forgotten
something, anyway I hope this helps.

--Francisco