Re: long term plans?

> Along these lines, it might interest people on this list to look at
Dolphin
> Smalltalk

I have used DrScheme for the past two years in our first semester course for
Computer Science Majors and have followed in the second semester with
Dolphin Smalltalk.  I selected Smalltalk to provide the students with an
understand of OOP and Dolphin as it has a Lego Mindstorms interface
available.  I heard this past weekend that some work is being done on a Lego
Mindstorms interface for DrScheme as well. (Can I encourage someone to work
faster?)

Having the Lego Mindstorms units has created a new high in the programming
segment (same as moving from a text based programs to those with a GUI such
as available with DrScheme (Teachpacks) and Dolphin Smalltalk(Playground
package, et al).

This year I have rearranged the content of the two semester breadth first
approach to include even more DrScheme (excellent way to talk about a number
of issues in CS without syntax) and Dolphin Smalltalk (all the understanding
of OOP without the mystery)

DrScheme
http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/drscheme/

Dolphin Smalltalk