Re: long term plans?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:35:40PM -0500, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Three (well, 7/2) comments.
>
> 1. I think you will find the PLT collection becoming more and more
> ubiquitous over time.  After all, in their early days, Perl and Tcl
> and Python and the rest weren't ubiquitous either.  One thing that
> might help is if we could get our stuff on the default Red Hat (and
> other Linux distribution) disks, which currently contain outdated
> Scheme systems.

Although Debian is not exactly ubiquitous, it's market-share among
Linux users seems fairly substantial.  DrScheme/MzScheme are now
part of the main Debian archive, and while too late to be part of
the forthcoming 'Potato' release, they are definitely part of the
'Woody' release slated for late this year (which means next year
with the way our schedules slip ;-) )

You can download it now from any Debian archive, and is already
in use by several people (judging by the mail I get).

Regards,

-Brent