defmacro fails under DrScheme but not under MzScheme

Hannu Koivisto wrote:

>		   Unfortunately now the loading stops with a message
> "...scheme-tools.scm: 24.2-24.10: reference to undefined
> identifier: defmacro".  This file loads just fine under mzscheme
> and it requires library compat.ss at the beginning so defmacro
> should be available, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be.

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce the behavior you are seeing.  The
library compat.ss does not define the defmacro form, which is not
built in, either.  Therefore, I have a feeling some file is being
loaded in one case but not another.

I suggest the following course of action:

1. Please try all of this on the released version of the software
(v102).  v102/16 is an internal pre-release, and it could be that
things weren't stable at that time.  If the problem persists in v102,
then we definitely want to hear about it.

2. Please send me a more detailed bug report.  You refer to at least
one file (scheme-tools.scm) that is not part of the standard
distribution; no doubt there are other such files.  I would like to
see all the files loaded upto the point of the error.

> Also, would it be possible to enable source location recording and
> other debugging facilities (for example, stepper) under plain
> MzScheme?

I'm not sure what you mean by "plain MzScheme" -- by definition,
MzScheme does not offer any of these facilities.  Likewise, the
stepper is fundamentally a graphical program, so it cannot run on a
textual system.  Perhaps you want to investigate DrScheme Jr, which is
a source-correlation-enriched textual version of DrScheme.  It does
not, however, provide tools such as the Stepper.

Shriram