cgi.ss, fastcgi.scm, and environment variables

I don't know FastCGI, so it could be that there are some details I
don't understand.  It's not clear to me why QUERY_STRING would *not*
be defined in the environment.  Is FastCGI actually *unbinding* it?
If not, what's the problem?

Moreover, the binding for QUERY_STRING is defined by the CGI standard
(for GET requests).  Therefore, if FastCGI is doing something to
affect this, then the problem is at FastCGI's end.  Put differently,
if you're using the CGI collection in a context where this isn't
bound, then you're not really using it for CGI, so it's not surprising
that it would not work without some monkeying around.

>				   Is this the Right Way(TM) of solving
> the problem? It works for me, but I feel it's awkward.

That seems like an okay way to work around this problem.  Whether it's
the right way depends on what FastCGI is up to.

>         And if I would've wanted to use `get-bindings' then I
> should have `putenv'ed not only QUERY_STRING but also REQUEST_METHOD.

Right.

>         How are you guys solving this? Or isn't anybody else using
> both: fastcgi and cgi libraries? :-)

I don't use the duo.  Perhaps someone else on this list does?

Shriram