wanted -- pre-release compilation testers

The exp-tagged version of MzScheme and MrEd on the CVS server is now
102/14. Hopefully, this is the final version of MzScheme and MrEd
before the 102 release.

==  HELP WANTED #1 (Unix):  ========================================

The new `configure' script should make 102 much easier to compile than
previous versions for flavors of Unix, but we need help testing
`configure' as much as possible before finalizing the 102 release.

To make it easier for you to help us, we've created a source code
bundle that you can download via HTTP:

    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/plt.src.x.tar.gz

Minimally useful test information is whether

   gunzip -c plt.src.x.tar.gz | tar xf -
   cd plt/src
   ./configure
   gnumake   [or equivalent]

successfully builds MrEd to plt/src/mred/mred. Of additional interest
is whether, after the above succeeds,

   mzscheme/mzscheme
   (load "../tests/mzscheme/quiet.ss")

reports any errors. Finally, to check that DrScheme starts properly,

   gnumake install
   cd ..
   ./install
   bin/drscheme

Please report success, problems, or suggestions (inlcuding results from
the above tests, or anything else you notice) to mflatt@cs.utah.edu.

Note: if you run bin/setup-plt after installing, there will be an error
from the stepper collection; please ignore it.

==  HELP WANTED #2 (Windows):  =====================================

A source code bundle for Windows (to be compiled with MSVC) is also
available:

   http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/pltsrcwin.zip

Since there's only one system and supported compiler in this case, we
need less help testing this code, but if you extend or embed MzScheme,
then we'd like to know how well this version works for you.

Please report success or problems to mflatt@cs.utah.edu.

Note: if you run "Setup PLT" after installing, there will be an error
from the stepper collection; please ignore it.

We're mostly interested in MzScheme and MrEd testing at this point. If
you'd like to help us test DrScheme (perhaps with pre-built binaries),
we expect to be ready RSN.

Thanks for your help,
Matthew