RE: (LONG) Scheme HTML design program - my idea and request for comments

[... snip Frontier discussion ... ]

So far the concepts you describe are very generic.  Any of a half-dozen
language tools could be used to meet your goal.  So there is certainly
no reason why Scheme would not be an excellent choice.

> 4.  The ability to run scripts to generate the pages.  The
> ability to have "directives" or defines at the top of the file that set
> certain options for that page (eg #title above refers to the <TITLE>
> tags); these override sitewide defaults.  Of course, under Scheme you
> would have full access to *whatever* you wanted -including access to a
> database if using SrPersist.
>

> Basically, I would like to replace Frontier with an open-source,
> cross-platform solution.
>
> What do you guys think?  Anyone interested?

As I mentioned above, none of your options are limited to Scheme for any
particular reason.  However, I've actually just started working to embed
MzScheme in the AOLserver.  The various levels of parsing I anticipate
(i.e., features will be similar to PHP and CGI for some work, plus the
ability to load AOLserver modules written in Scheme).  So these two
projects could certainly be mutually beneficial.

However, it will probably take me a few weeks to get things running since
I have to study the MzScheme C API before I can figure out the best
way to go about the work.

Regards,

-Brent