Re: MzScheme vs MIT Scheme

At 1:43 PM -0500 on 4/22/00 you wrote:

>Still, my experience is that for small programs (< 1000 loc) DrScheme poses
>no memory problem. I develop them routinely in there, using two or three
>windows. For larger programs, Robby should comment; he can [could?] run
>DrScheme on DrScheme.

I do indeed run drscheme in drscheme when I am developing on the mac (which is where I develop most of the time). I found that 80 megs is enough (on the mac you have to say up front how much memory to allocate to each program, so I don't know if I really end up using it all) and that 30 megs was not enough. I didn't try to find something smaller because I do run across the occasional memory leak that needs debugging....

For smaller programs, my experience agrees with Matthias'.

Robby