Re: Problems with process*

Quoting Eli Barzilay:
> Anyway - process* is used a *lot* to get cksums and permission bits
> for many files (that's on Linux), and every once in a while the whole
> thing just crashes with a
>
>   make-file-input-port(internal): null file pointer

As far as I can tell, this requires that fdopen() returns NULL. Why
would it do that? Maybe you could change the null-file-pointer error in
port.c to include the value of errno; it might provide a useful hint.

In any case, the specific symptom should go away in 102 (starting with
102/10), which doesn't use fdopen() anymore. But I wonder whether it
will be replaced by an error when reading/writing to the port.

Matthew