All about Zodiac

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a program that will extract documentation comments
ala JavaDoc from Scheme programs. I've written the bit that finds and
extracts the comments, now I need to associate those comments with the
relevant symbol in the source code.

Eg, given:

;;!
;; Documentation for this symbol here
(define the-symbol value)

I'd like to associate the name "the-symbol" with the documentation
string "Documentation for this symbol here". Additionally, it would be
nice (well, essential IMO) to extract extract information for, eg,
units specifying the import and exports. Using Zodiac/McMicMac seems
like the way to go, but...I can't make sense of the documentation.

zodiac:read returns a thunk that returns a zodiac:read object
representing the underlying text. As I understand it, I need to parse
this object to obtain a zodiac:parsed object, which will contain the
information I want, but the documentation runs out around about
here. How do I parse a zodiac:read object into a zodiac:parsed object?

Thanks,
Noel
--
Noel Welsh