Re: Mouse grabs

Matthew writes:
> Perhaps the solution is to be able to queue an event for the window at
> a particular (global) location. Then, to implement drag-and-drop, you
> can queue an event for the window at the location where the mouse
> button is released.

This only seems like one of the pieces of drag and drop. I think that you
would also need some way to take a global x,y coordinate and map that to a
window (which might not be in the frontmost frame). Also, you'd need a way
to draw over arbitrary stuff on the screen, so you can see the thing
dragging along over various controls and menus and the background (you could
cheat and just make a different cursor icon for the that, like Outlook
Express under Windows does, but more is possible, at least on the mac).

Robby