Re: Scaling bitmaps?

On Feb 24, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Not currently. The reason is that it isn't simple to implement under
> X, as least as far as I can tell. (It's trivial under Windows and
> MacOS, and easy to support for PostScript output.)

This is the reason I figured for not having this...

> Am I overlooking something in the X library? Or perhaps someone
> knows of publically-available code --- in a reasonably compact form
> --- that scales bitmaps in X?

What about something simple in the case of X that will get the
parameters and just copy the pixels manually, and do the normal thing
on Windows/Mac/PS?  That should be easy to write, and I think it will
be sufficient - drawing on an actual window is probably going to take
too long on X (I guess it'll send the pixels one by one which will be
extremely slow) but usually you draw on some buffer bitmap anyway so
the whole thing takes place in memory...  How does this sound?

         http://www.cs.cornell.edu/eli/meaning.html        Maze is Life!