Re: Scaling bitmaps?

Hello Matthew,

> > Isn't it possible to draw a bitmap using different sizes so it'll
> > scale?  This sound like something simple, but I tried to look
> > everywhere and couldn't find anything...
>
> Not currently. The reason is that it isn't simple to implement under X,
> as least as far as I can tell. (It's trivial under Windows and MacOS,
> and easy to support for PostScript output.)
>
> Am I overlooking something in the X library? Or perhaps someone knows
> of publically-available code --- in a reasonably compact form --- that
> scales bitmaps in X?

I think pnmscale does somthing similar. Don't know if the source are open
though (or where to get them).

Bye.

Smile, damn it, smile.

(lambda (msg)
  (case msg
	((name)		"Miki Tebeka")
	((email)	"tebeka@lycosmail.com")
	((homepage)	"http://www.tebeka.freeservers.com";)
	((quote)	"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.")))