Re: Development/Production versions (was RE: CVS)

>Great news to learn that the CVS repository for PLT Scheme products is
>available and that the precise GC is nearing its completion.
>
>With regard to new and cool but rather complicated features it might
>have sense to maintain two code collections like Linux does:
>* Stable tree (even version numbers), only bug fixes are accepted
>* Development tree (odd version numbers).
>Current version numbers like "102/8" do not provide a clear cut along
>stability line.

Generally speaking, we try to make each external release as stable as
we can and  the internal releases may be a little bit less stable,
but for the last two years I have been using the internal release
exclusively for my day to day drscheme needs.

We do not need as complicated a setup as linux since we only have
about 5 active developers and 4 of them are within 100 feet of each
other.

Robby