LCPC 2018, Salt Lake City, Utah
Call for Papers
The Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing (LCPC) has been since its founding in 1988, a leading venue for research on parallel languages and compilers and many related topics related to parallel computing including parallelizing compilers, parallel programming models, runtime systems, and tools with a diverse domain of application. The wide scope of the workshop is unique in that spans the spectrum from foundational principles to practical experience, and from early ideas to polished results. LCPC encourages submissions that go outside its original scope of scientific computing to diverse areas that are enable or enhanced by the power of parallel systems such as mobile computing, big data, relevant aspects of machine learning, data centers, cognitive computing, etc. LCPC strongly encourages personal interaction and technical discussions along the initial material presented at the workshop and published its revised proceedings in LNCS later, after the meeting.
Specific topics of LCPC 2018 include:
- Compilers for parallel computing
- Static, dynamic, and adaptive optimization of parallel programs
- Parallel programming models and languages
- Formal analysis and verification of parallel programs
- Parallel runtime systems and libraries
- Performance analysis and debugging tools for concurrency
- Parallel algorithms and concurrent data structures
- Parallel applications for Big Data, Machine Learning, Embedded Systems, Bio, IoT.
- Software engineering for parallel programs
- Fault tolerance for parallel systems
- Parallel programming and compiling for heterogeneous systems
LCPC 2018 solicits two types of submissions:
- Research papers that report on original, novel research. The length is limited to 15 pages in the Springer LNCS format.
- Blue Sky Ideas papers that describe visionary ideas, long term challenges, and opportunities in research that are outside of the current mainstream topics of the field and which will provoke discussion or debate. The length is limited to 6 pages in the Springer LNCS format.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format. There will be a pre-workshop, informal proceedings as well as a post-workshop one in LNCS series of Springer Verlag. Authors of accepted papers and posters will be required to sign the Springer copyright form. Instructions for preparing papers for the proceedings will be emailed to authors of accepted papers.
For detailed instructions please see: http://preview.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines
LNCS templates can be downloaded from Springer (LaTex2e class, LaTex2e sample, and MS Word).
Bibliography is unlimited and reviewing is double blind (so no author names !)
All submissions must be made electronically through the submission web site.
- Submission deadline:
July 31, 2018extended Aug 7, 2018 AoE
- Notification to authors: August 28, 2018
- Final pre-workshop papers due: October 1, 2018
- Final papers due: December 10, 2018
Please submit your papers via EasyChair.