xrgb -merge resource-file
X11Dev.DoubleBuffer: off Configure double buffering. Possible values are off, on, soft, and hard. Double buffering presents smoother drawing during direct manipulation. Values:
Bugs in hardware support for double buffering can cause your X server to crash so this option is not generally recommended.
- off - Don't use double buffering.
- soft - Use software double buffering.
- hard - Use X server hardware double buffering.
- on - Use hardware if provided, software otherwise.
X11Dev.ForegroundColor: white The default color for objects. X11Dev.HighlightColor: yellow The default color for highlighted objects. X11Dev.SelectColor: red The default color for selected objects. X11Dev.BackgroundColor: blue The default color for background objects. Note this is not the color of the background of the 3D window, but the color for a group of objects called the "background group." This group is rarely used by Alpha_1 applications. X11Dev.PointStyle: + Determines how points are rendered. Values:
- + - Use a "plus" sign.
- . - Draw a single pixel.
- s - Draw a square.
- d - Draw a filled square.
- c - Draw a circle.
- @ - Draw a filled circle.
- x - Draw an "X."
X11Dev.PointSize: 4 Determines the size of points. Affects all styles. X11Dev.WindowFont: 6x13 Determines the font used for any text that is drawn in a graphics window. X11Dev.BackingStore: on on or off. Using backing store descreases redrawing time when windows are unconvered. X11Dev.DynamicViewScale: off Determines scaling behavior when a window is resized. Default (off) is that the scale of the window is preserved. This means resizing shows you more or less of the scene. With dynamic scaling (on) resizing shows you a smaller or larger image. X11Dev.DashedDepthCue: off Depth cueing is the technique of showing distance from the viewer by some difference in rendering. The default (off) method uses a darker shade of color for parts of objects that are behind the z = 0 plane. Turning this option on uses dashed lines instead.
- GlDev.WindowBackColor: black
- The background color of the 3D window.
- GlDev.ForegroundColor: white
- The default color for objects.
- GlDev.HighlightColor: yellow
- The default color for highlighted objects.
- GlDev.SelectColor: red
- The default color for selected objects.
- GlDev.BackgroundColor: blue
- The default color for background objects. Note this is not the background color of the 3D window (see WindowBackColor), but the color for a group of objects called the "background group." This group is rarely used by Alpha_1 applications.
Some of the most useful resources are described here:
- Drawing areas are the X Windows used for 3D display. Useful resources to set are (defaults shown):
- *drawing_area.background: grey50
- *drawing_area.height: 500
- *drawing_area.width: 400
- Motif3d*axes: off
- If on, a small window is added to the viewing panel which displays the coordinate axes.
- Motif3d*viewing: simp3d
- Sets the type of viewing control panel. Here are the possible values with an image of the control panel:
- Motif3d*xy_rotate_toggle.labelType: PIXMAP
- There is a pair of these for each element of the viewing control panel. This particular example is for the XY rotate radio button. If you set these resources the buttons are displayed as icons instead of a text description. This uses less screen space. Using icons for every button in the simp3d panel looks like this. See the Application Resource File for a full list these.
A1wish*foreground: Black A1wish*background: Grey75 A1wish*activeBackground: #554e4e A1wish*activeForeground: White A1wish*highlightThickness: 0 A1wish*borderWidth: 2 A1wish*Font: -adobe-times-bold-r-normal-*-14-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 ! File selection dialog fonts A1wish.fb.main.filter.Font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1 A1wish.fb.main.directory.Font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1 A1wish.fb.main.file.Font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1 A1wish.fb.main.selection.Font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1