Re: new question

> Dear sir:
>         I have a new question about janos.Janos,as a java-oriented
> active network system,includes oskit,moab,jnodeos,janosvm,and antsr.But
> do janos must have all of these components?

The set of components is considered to be part of janos, but they can be
mixed and matched in various ways.

> As I understanding, ants acts as EE and jnodeos as nodeos if I want to
> run janos in Java environments, oskit and moab is useless in the
> environments.

The jnodeos can run on top of oskit/moab/janosvm, its just the addition of
ants v2 that doesn't really work.  In the past we have run several simple
java applications that were written to the jnodeos API and executed on a
bare machine using a oskit/moab/janosvm/jnodeos configuration.

> But if I
> wants run janos in C environments, I should include oskit,moab,janosvm
> and ants except jnodeos.Is it right?

You can run C applications on top of moab, which can be configured to run
on the oskit, freebsd, or linux.  Also, you can write native libraries
which are loaded by the janosvm and exported through java.

>        Please give some advices about janos's architech? If I want to
> run janos in Java and C,how can I do?

First figure out what you want to do...  If you want to write Java then
you'll need to pick the API you want to write to.  The jnodeos provides
the primitive NodeOS API in java and ANTS gives you a much richer
environment.  Then develop your application on the simplest configuration,
usually, one of the janos components configured to run on unix, that way
you can debug it directly on your desktop machine.  Then, when you're
finished with most of the development you can test it on a
"production" environment.  If you wrote it to moab then you have the
option of running it on a bare machine using the oskit.  If you wrote it
to the jnodeos then you can run it on a regular jvm or a
oskit/moab/janosvm configuration running on a bare machine.  And finally,
if its was written to ANTS, the only really useful configuration is
running on a jvm on a unix machine.

>        Thanks!

tim stack