Re: S.O.S

> Dear sir/madam:

hi,

>     When i am trying to install JanosVM-0.6.0 on my computer,i encoutered
> some problems. i have managed to install nodeos-20020317 and oskit-20020317
> . As a result, i choose to build JanosVM for the Utah NodeOS. First I cd to
> the JanosVM source directory then I typed

If you're trying to build the whole thing I would advise you to download
the janos Meta-Makefiles.  These are a collection of make files that can
assist you when building and composing the various components.  They are
currently available at:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/janosMakefiles-0.5.0/janosMakefiles-0.5.0.tar.gz

> ./config/i386/nodeos/nodeos-configure --srcdir=The JanosVM source directory
> --oskit=The location of an oskit install --localkaffeh=A previously
> compiled version of kaffeh --nodeosdir=The location of a Moab install
>    Also the README has told me to set two environment variables at the
> configure-time. but actually, i cant find any jar file that is called
> jnodeos-moab-debug.jar. I wonder what is a Moab configured jnodeos jar
> file.

You'll need to download the Java NodeOS libraries from:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/downloads/jnodeos-20020317.tar.gz

Then, configure, and "./build -moab", this will produce the appropriate
jar file.

> Furthermore, i do not know how to set the two variables. Should I set
> them in the .bash.profile?

or just use "env", like so:

env JNODEOS_CLASSES_ZIP=<path to the moab version of the java nodeos
libraries> JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP=<path to the janosvm java libraries> make

>    Any way I typed make without setting these two varibales.The result is
> as follows:
> make[1]:*** [stamp-h0all] Error 1
> make[1]:Leaving Directory '/usr/local/janosvm-0.6.0/include'
> make:***[all-recursive] Error 1
>
>    I'll appreciate your timely help very much!
>    Thank you again!

tim stack