Re: Using the nodeos-configure script ....

> Hello

hi

> Sorry to delay you =A1G=A1^
> When I keyed in  'make install' to install JavaVM, it showed that ....
> Making install in include
> `/usr/local/include/kaffe/java_lang_Object.h': Permission denied

its trying to install a file in a system directory, which you don't have
permission to, unless your root.  You can install it in another directory
by giving the --prefix option to the configure script.

> It seemed that I was permission denied to create some files of Kaffe.
> Should I use the nodeos-configure script from the config/i386/nodeos =
> directory to configure JanosVM first?

you only need to use nodeos-configure if you're running it on top of moab.

> But I have some problems about using the nodeos-configure script.
>
> This is what showed at README.
> .
>         $ cd /home/tullmann/obj/janosvm/
>         $ /home/tullmann/janosvm/config/i386/nodeos/nodeos-configure \
>                 --srcdir=3D/home/tullmann/janosvm \
>                 --oskitdir=3D/opt/oskit \
>                 --nodeosdir=3D/opt/moab \
>                 --localkaffeh=3D/opt/kaffe/bin/kaffeh \
>                 --enable-debug \
>                 --prefix=3D/opt/janosvm-moaboskit/
>
> But  'nodeos-configure' is just a file and I don't know how to command =
> it correctly.  Can you teach me ?=20

The execute bit isn't set, you need to do:

chmod u+rx <path to janosvm>/janosvm/config/i386/nodeos/nodeos-configure

> And, it may need two environment variables to be set at configure-time:
>         JNODEOS_CLASSES_ZIP =3D The location of a Moab configured
>           jnodeos jar file (usually named jnodeos-moab-debug.jar)
>         JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP =3D The location of a jar file containing
>           the janosvm specific classes (usually
>           libraries/jvmlib/JanosVM.jar)
>
> But I don't know how to set them, what commands should I do ??=20

env JNODEOS_CLASSES_ZIP=<jnodeos classes here>
  JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP=<janosvm classes>
  janosvm/config/i386/nodeos/nodeos-configure

>   Meng Chun.

tim stack