Re: About installing Janosvm-0.5.1 ......

hi,

> I have three questions about building Janos.
>
> I had installed  Red Hat 7.2 / OSkit / Moab already.
> At the beginning, I thought that I need not to install OSkit on Linux
> after reading README of Moab.
> But when I want to install JanosVM it wants me to insert the address of
> OSkit.
>
> (1) So, We always need to install OSkit for building the Janos, do we ?

There are several different janos configurations that work, not all
require the oskit.  For example,

  bare hardware - oskit - moab - janosvm - jnodeos
  unix - janosvm
  unix - any jvm - jnodeos

> (2) Should I need to install Kaffe first beforing installing JanosVM?
>     I suppose the answer to be Yes.
>     But when I 'make' kaffe it showed the following errors.

no, janosvm is a modified version of kaffe.  so, it already has all the
kaffe code in it.

> (3) I also test that to install JanosVM without installing kaffe first.
>
> I went to  '~/jvm/config/i386/nodeos' and key in:
> ./nodeos-configure \--srcdir=/home/jun/nodeos/Janos/jvm
> \--oskitdir=/home/jun/nodeos/Janos/oskit
> \--nodeosdir=/home/jun/nodeos/Janos/moab
>
> But it showed me that :
> " bash: ./nodeos-configure: bad interpreter: Permission denied "

... uh, make sure that nodeos-configure has execute permission, otherwise
i'm stumped at the moment.

> Meng Chun.

tim stack