Re: Multicast example in ANTS: "Nowhere to send"

> Hi,
>
> I believe the multicast capsules get dropped because of the "Nowhere to
> send" reason when a subscription entry cannot be found at the router.
> However, this seems to happen randomly for me - on some runs, I get a
> nowhere to send and on some runs I do not.

whats the duration of the runs?  its plausible that the subscription
packets were dropped by the os if the run was relatively short.

> I was wondering how I can solve this problem and if there is some way I
> can make the subscription state hard instead of soft.

send more subscriptions/verify that they were received.  making them hard
is mostly a matter of statically defining the tree in the protocol,
then having each node find its place in that tree and finally send packets
to the neighbors listed in the tree.

> Thanks and regards,
> Samarth.

tim stack