Re: Re[6]: Starting ANTS apps over Linux on different PCs

There is something wrong with the last email server. So I have to
change to another server.
>> I can run classes which extend from FlowRun or FlowBase using 'app
>> classname' in the telnet.

>Well, technically, you really shouldn't be starting regular flows this
>way.
Why? Both ants.core.NodeConfigure and ants.core.ConfigurationManager
start the root flow in this way. If my program is EE-like, say, it is
at the same layer as ants, I think starting it in app flow is not
propor.

>> But when I run application(PingApplication
>> or other applications), I get the following message:
>>
>> FlowInitialzier.run(): Trying to start apps.ping.PingApplication in new flow(Flow[name=Unnamed Flow;objid=0x439a2d]) and got:
>> java.lang.Error: apps.ping.PingApplication is not an instanceof FlowRun.
>>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.FlowInitializer.createStartClassInstance(FlowInitializer.java:144)
>>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.FlowInitializer.startInitialClass(FlowInitializer.java:101)
>>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.FlowInitializer.run(FlowInitializer.java:74)
>>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.pj_Thread$ThreadWrapper.run(pj_Thread.java:77)
>>
>> If I change fireUpNewFlow() to fireUpNewAppFlow() in
>> ConsoleWorker.java, I get assert failure.

>You can also just start ants.core.AppBooster, but thats probably correct.
Ok, I'll try.

>> FAILURE:assert test

>The assert is because the capsule doesn't have a destination, did you use
>`-target' when starting ping?
What function is Assert class? I view its source file, but I still dont
understand what assert(), require() and ensure() do.