ANTS on Linux performance...

Hi all!

I am curious about the performance of ANTS when run on Linux...

I have a small application that sends capsules containig the following :
1Kb payoad +1 byte port#+ 2 byte type +2 byte seq

(thanks to Tim Stack for the hints about running it :)
Running it for 10 min. sends 350000 capsules, which
corresponds to about 5 Mbit/s...
To me this value looks surprisingly low...
Am I doing something wrong, or is it normal ??
(the app is running on a PII 450)

cheers,

Andreas