Still in trouble

Got past yesterday's problems, but today's look worse.

1. When building the jnodeos, (build -moab) in
/home/jnodeos/src/nodeos/moab_Flow.Java had to change (near line 239):
        new MemorySpec(memSpec.getSize(),
            MemoryPolicy.class.getName())
TO:
        new MemorySpec(memSpec.getSize())
      /*
        new MemorySpec(memSpec.getSize(),
            MemoryPolicy.class.getName())
      */
in order to get the signatures to align.
Don't know if this is correct.

2. When trying to build janosvm after building
the jnodeos the make failed with
  kaffeh-ing edu.utah.janos.nodeos.moab_FlowSpec...
  Failed to open object 'edu/utah/janos/nodeos/moab_FlowSpec'
  make[4]: *** [edu_utah_janos_nodeos_moab_FlowSpec.h] Error 1
  make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/janosvm-0.5.1/config/i386/nodeos/libraries/ext

I tried simply deleting the dependency on moab_FlowSpec here
(what the heck ... might work), but then the compile failed with

/home/janosvm/libraries/extensions/nodeos/clib/jsiPlexUDP.c: In function
`jsiCallBack':
/home/janosvm/libraries/extensions/nodeos/clib/jsiPlexUDP.c:121: warning:
passing arg 2 of `jsiPlexWindowRecvPacket' from incompatible pointer type
/home/janosvm/libraries/extensions/nodeos/clib/jsiPlexUDP.c:121: warning:
passing arg 3 of `jsiPlexWindowRecvPacket' from incompatible pointer type
/home/janosvm/libraries/extensions/nodeos/clib/jsiPlexUDP.c:121: too few
arguments to function `jsiPlexWindowRecvPacket'

I'm shooting in the dark here.  I guess there's no substitute for knowing
the code intimately, but I had hoped to be able to build a vanilla system
without going that deep.

I am trying to build this thing to run on top of Linux.  I have read the
warnings that there is a 3:1 performance hit in this case.  Is it the case
that, because of this, this type of build (i.e., on top of Linux) is rare
and relatively untested???

Pete Lutz

Peter H. Lutz, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Technology
Coordinator of Networking and System Administration
Department of Information Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology
102 Lomb Memorial Drive - Bldg. 70
Rochester, NY  14623              RRRR   III  TTTTT
                                  R   R   I     T
VOICE: 716 475-6162               RRRR    I     T
FAX:   716 475-2181               R  R    I     T
EMAIL: phl@it.rit.edu             R   R  III    T