Re: building an Active Router

> Hi all!

hi,

> I applied the console patch, and compiled and installed the OSkit.
> I compiled and installed Moab (over the OSkit install)

Did you config/compile moab for oskit-unix or for running on a bare
machine?

> I am not able to boot the example EEs, the error message is that
> they don't have a Multiboot header...
> what can I do ?? ( I am using GRUB)

Do you happen to have a second machine to work on?  If you're just using a
single machine it might be easier to just make the oskit-unix version of
moab.  But if you do have more than one machine, try using the netboot
kernel in boot/net in the oskit build tree.  Netboot, will let you read
the kernel image from the other machine using nfs, making it much easier
to work with, and the kernel created by moab's `make install' should just
work.

> What should my next step be ? nstall the JanosVM ?
> The README file in JanosVM pointed me here :)

You should really get the examples working first before getting any deeper
into this.

> Is there anybody that has already built the whole thing ??
> (Oskit + Moab + JanosVM + JnodeOs + ANTS) ??

We have, but I don't believe anyone outside has done it yet.

> thanks a lot

> Andreas

tim stack