Re: ants.core.NodeAddress.fromString()

> I amtrying to simulate a simple network on one machine running ants on linux.
>
> When i call the fromString(...) method, (whose exception is part of jnodeos)
> I get the following error:
>
> "com.sun.tools.javac.v8.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure:
>   file edu/utah/janos/nodeos/AddressFormatException.class not found"
>
> any ideas ????

That's very bizarre.  What JDK are you using?  That looks like a javac
error, so is this a compile-time problem or a run-time problem?

> Is there any documentation about experimenting with real nodes (by
> real I mean each node a computer separated by eth) ???

If you want to run ants on linux on separate machines, that should
just work.  Its potentially painful to configure and setup, but there
should be no problems.  If you want to run ANTS on the bare hardware,
you'll need to glue OSKit, Moab, and JanosVM together and run ANTS on
that.  (Please let us know if you want to do that, as there are some
patches you'll need.)

> I also have troubles booting the moab examples (cputest etc) since GRUB says
> they don't have a multiboot header :/

Moab will configure itself to run on the host OS by default.  So,
you've probably got Linux binaries?  If you did configure Moab to use
the OSKit, I think the binaries should just work....  Hmm... perhaps
you need to run mkmbimage (part of the OSKit) on them (I forget if
that's required for stand-alone binaries or not).

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
     "VR Cows are a medium rarely well done." -- someone in c.g.a