Re: Sabotage Packets?

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> FAILURE:assert test
> Uncaught exception in deliverFunc (UnknownPacketHandler for Node[a=17.17.17.0]):
> assert test
> ants.core.Assert$AssertFailure: assert test
>         at ants.core.Assert.failure(Assert.java:59)
>         at ants.core.Assert.assert(Assert.java:66)
>         at ants.core.Node.routeForNode(Node.java:445)
>         at ants.core.UnknownPacketHandler.receive(UnknownPacketHandler.java:181)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.pj_ThreadPool.run(pj_ThreadPool.java:225)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.pj_Thread$ThreadWrapper.run(pj_Thread.java:87)

I belive I have fixed this problem.  The code in
UnknownPacketHandler.receive() assumed that the local node has an
address.  The local node will not have an address when running under
DANTE until the DANTE join response is processed.  I'm not exactly
sure what the packet being received is (e.g., how can someone send a
packet to a node without an address?), but receive() should handle
this problem more gracefully.

The solution is to just not send MIDIDRequests in response to any
packets if the local node has no address.  (Effectively dropping the
incoming packet on the floor.)  The patch has been checked into the
CVS repository.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
  If Gates got a dime each time Windows crashed... Oh, nevermind...