Moab Channels

Hi,

 I am trying to run a socktest type in-channel in Moab. I am encountering
the following problem while creating the in-channel. When a new
thread(chan_socketdata_intr) is created, the parent thread does not run
any further. The 'chan_socketdata_intr' thread creates a socket and blocks
on 'recvfrom'. Hence, when a packet arrives it is received correctly, but
encounters an error when executing the function 'ani_demuxkeylist_apply'.
This is probably because the parent thread has not yet enabled the channel
in ani_chan_enable which would have added the demuxkey to the
demuxkeylist.

 Is there a race condition wherein we may be required to do cond_wait
before recvfrom ? Or could there be any other problem with the threads.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ravi

Ravi S Chamarty                    E-mail: ravi@ittc.ku.edu
Graduate Research Assistant,       Voice :785-864-7799
ITTC,2335 Irving Hill Road,
University of Kansas,
Lawrence KS 66045-7612