Re: ioe in UDP Layer

> 	I was just about to apply the anti-buffer-recycling patch,
> when I decided to check the status of my ANTS topology, first.
> Another node, aegir.aero.org, was unresponsive to ANTS DANTE JOINs.

The 'Connection refused' is coming out of the "real" OS on the
machine, so there's not much ANTS could be doing about it (unless its
keeping too many dangling connections open elsewhere).

I thought ANETD-managed EEs weren't supposed to open real connections
anyway (getting all their packets via stdin).  Or has that changed?

> 	The ANTS standard err had some messages about a connection
> refusal, but the netstat looks OK to me.  The process status is
> another thing altogether!  This is a Linux system, so threads show up
> as processes.  I think the number of ANTS processes is a bit excessive!

Several threads (8 I think) are created for each flow, most of those
threads are never used, so if there are several flows on the Node,
there will probably be a bunch of dormant threads.  The number 8, if
you hadn't guessed already, is a hack.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
			  Mean people suck.