Re: DanteServer as an App: Unwanted Sideeffects?

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> 	Unfortunately, I still have a bone to pick with the DanteServer.
> Why is it an app?

We want everything to be an app.  The less "built-in" stuff the
better.  (At least, that's the theory.)

> 	Now, consider this line in "core/AppBooster.java":
>
>             localNode.setPrincipal(app.getPrincipal());
>
> In the case of the DanteServer, it will make DanteServer' Principal
> the Principal for the node.

Yes, but I think you've been mislead by Node's name as to what it
represents.  There is an instance of "Node" for each Flow.  So, that
isn't a "machine"-wide property being set, but a per-flow property.
The "machine"-wide state is kept in "PrimordialNode".  Think of Node
as the per-flow customized interface to the Node primitives.

Yes, the names could be better but they evolved into the current
usage....

Does that answer your concern?

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
    That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.