Re: DanteServer has a Timing Error Error on Startup?

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> 	I'm seeing a failure (when running the dante test script).
> The failure is that the Principal for the DanteProtocol thread is set
> to "RemoteUsers" instead of "DanteUser".

The DanteCapsule and DanteClasses used in the protocol don't do
anything that requires special privs.  All the privileged operations
are done in DanteClient or DanteServer.  So, that means that only the
applications need the special privs and not the protocol that shuttles
data between them.  (The apps and the protocol are run in separate
"flows" so they can have separate ids.)  Do you have any mods to
DanteCapsule/DanteConstants that change this assumption?

> 	The following trace output is for a modified "dante.{start,conf}"
> and "nodesetup.sh".  I've also added additional trace statements and
> stack dumps in the code.

I don't see any errors in this trace.  (I do see that DanteProtocol is
started with principal=RemoteUsers, if that's what you're trying to
show.)

Could you give me a trace of the error you're seeing?

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		     "Forty-Two." -- Deep Thought