Re: several ANTS applications on the same node, is it possible ?

>    hi everybody,
>    i have a little question, but i don't really know if i 'm writing the good
>    person, discussion group...

This is probably the best discussion list.  There isn't an
ANTS-specific list at this time.  Are you using the new ANTS2.0?

>    I'm trying to run several (4 or 5 ...) ANTS applications on the
>    same ANTS Node, but it doesn't work .... Is it possible ?

It should work.  What sort of error are you seeing?  I haven't tried
it, mind you.

> How do the ".config" file must look like to do that ?

You should just have a bunch of application lines in it...

>    If this is possible using a ".config" file, is it possible to to
>    this "on the run", i mean : is it possible to launch several ANTS
>    applications from a Java application ?

Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "from a Java application".  The
ants.core.ConfigurationManager is the code that parses the
"application" command.  It then calls the PrimordialNode.start()
method which just calls fireUpNewAppFlow(AppConfig a) for each
applicaiton.  You could probably expose the fireUpNewAppFlow method to
Applications.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Are you sure you want to start
multiple applications and not just multiple protocols?

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		Your research fills a much needed gap.