Re: JANOS+ANTS: nodes crash when old code is replaced with new?

Robert Watson wrote:
> Patching JANOS to allocate on demand seems to work great, so I'm making
> some progress now :-).  BTW, don't know if you've thought at all about
> masking the ANTS Node calls at all for visiting code,

The next version of Janos includes package-level access controls on
each flow.   In ANTSR we limit dl'd code to its own package and the
ANTSR core package.  Locally-loaded code is a bit more privileged.
However, we haven't attempted breaking the Node interfaces up like you
did for SANTS.  Though, I think that should be easy enough to fit in.

I think this method (from both SANTS and ANTSR) of controlling access
via the type system is the way to go.

Once we get this next release out, I'll be very interested in what you
guys think of it, and if it meets your needs.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		Your research fills a much needed gap.