Make Bug (was Re: Problems building Janos 11/5)

"Pat" == Patrick Tullmann <tullmann@cs.utah.edu> writes:

	Pat> [For the archives sake.]
	Pat>
	Pat> Thanks to Edwards help, I can say that his problem is due (mostly)
	Pat> to a buggy version of make.  The $(wildcard) function in make
	Pat> v3.77 on Solaris is broken.  Upgrading to v3.78 or downgrading to
	Pat> v3.76 fixes the problem.
	Pat>
	Pat> The next version of Janos will include a configure test for this
	Pat> bug.

Hey, this is the same bug that recently bit a Flick user!  Let me know when you
have the `configure' test done, so I can similarly protect Flick.

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .   University of Utah Dept. of Computer Science
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide  . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX