- Get a good detector!
- Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
- Learn your detector. Learn what different sounds mean.
- Recognize strong signals from weak siganls.
- Always look for good places to detect.
- Have your detector with you! (Just like your golf clubs)
- Decide what you want to find.
Ajust the setting on your machine to find what you want.
- Read and learn as much as you can! (The internet is
great for this)
- Repsect private property.
- ALWAYS ask for permission to detect private property.
- Replace your dirt and divets (the grass you pull up).
- As to not disturb the peace, where ear phones.
- Be polite, be kind, and smile.
- Know the loacl laws concerning metal detecting and
- Other sites of ethics