Student Travel Grants
With generous support from U.S. National Science Foundation, IEEE TC on Computer Architecture, and some industry sponsors, HPCA 2013 will offer travel grants for students to attend the conference. The NSF funds will enable us to provide travel grants for US citizens or residents. The professional society funds and industry funds are available for students all over the world. Also, certain funds will be available to IEEE members only. We highly encourage students to join IEEE TCCA to be given higher priority. The exact number and amount of the awards will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants and the availability of funds.
IMPORTANT: Travel grant applicants who must obtain a travel grant to attend the conference should not register for the conference until hearing the decision on their application. Students who have applied for a travel grant by January 15, 2013 will be able to register at the early registration cost.
To apply for a travel grant from HPCA:
- Applicants must send an email to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Xin Fu, at hpca19travel AT gmail.com by application deadline.
- For your subject line, please use "Travel Grant Application for <Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name>".
- Please fill out the form with acrobat reader and attach your application form. Download the PDF form from here
- Please attach a current resume.
- Please also attach a brief statement (approximately 500 words) that includes (i) an explanation of why it is important for you to attend HPCA, (ii) a budget regarding your cost of attendance at HPCA, and (iii) a description of any other sources of support you may have.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Grant Chair (at hpca19travel AT gmail.com) with the subject line "Student Travel Status Confirmation for <Your Last Name, Your First Name>", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or undergraduate research in the areas covered by HPCA.
- DEADLINE: Travel grant application must be received by 11:59pm CST, January 15, 2013.
- For students, the confirmation email from their advisors must be received by the same deadline.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made based on funding availability.