Commodity Graphics Accelerators for Scientific Visualization
Organizers: Rick Stevens, Michael Papka
Speakers: Tom Funkhouser, Greg Humphreys, Joe Kniss, Dinesh Manocha
This is an HTML version of Joe Kniss's presentation for the Commodity Graphics
Accelerators for Scientific Visualization Panel at Visualization 2001, Oct 26.
It includes all of my slides, even the ones I didn't get to, and
approximately what I said.
- The Catch
- The Catch-2
- The Catch- What's the Problem?
- Visualization on Hardware?
- The Upside
- Simian - NPR - None vs. Faux
- Simian - NPR - Faux vs. Silhouette
- Simian - NPR - Silhouette vs. Faux + Silhouette
- Simian - NPR - Faux + Silhouette vs. Blinn-Phong
- Simian - NPR - Light Attinuation
- Simian - NPR - Light Attinuation vs Blinn-Phong + Light Attinuation
- In the Future...