IEEE Micro Top Picks Award
Our work on the memristive Boltzmann machine has been selected as one of the 12 papers to receive an IEEE Micro Top Picks Award.
I joined the School of Computing at the University of Utah as an Assistant Professor.
HPCA'16 Distinguished Paper Award
Our paper on the Memristive Boltzmann Machine won the HPCA Distinguished Paper Award.
I am an assistant professor in the School of Computing at the University of Utah. My research interests are in the broad area of computer architecture, with an emphasis on energy-efficient computing for future computer systems.
I received a Samsung Best Paper Award in 2012, two IEEE Micro Top Picks Awards in 2013 and 2017, and a Distinguished Paper Award at HPCA 2016.
I am looking for highly motivated and hard working students who want to work with me. If you are a new CS/ECE student at the University of Utah, feel free to contact me for arranging an appointment; otherwise, email me your CV and apply to the SoC graduate program.
Selected Publications (see all publications)
- Memristive Boltzmann Machine: A Hardware Accelerator for Combinatorial Optimization and Deep Learning, HPCA, 2016
☆ IEEE Micro Top Picks; ☆ Distinguished Paper Award.
- Back To the Future: Current-Mode Processor in the Era of Deeply Scaled CMOS, TVLSI, 2015
- Enabling Energy Efficient Hybrid Memory Cube Systems with Erasure Codes, ISLPED, 2015
✐ Highlighted by The Next Platform (here).
- DESC: Energy-Efficient Data Exchange using Synchronized Counters, MICRO, 2013
- PARDIS: A Programmable Memory Controller for the DDRx Interfacing Standards, ISCA, 2012
☆ IEEE Micro Top Picks; ☆ Invited paper for publication in ACM TOCS.
- CS/ECE 7810: Advanced Computer Architecture (Spring 2017)
- CS/ECE 6810: Computer Architecture (Fall 2016)
- Editorial Board: Microelectronics Journal
- Organizing Committee: ISCA'17 (Publications Chair)
- Program Committee: IPDPS'17, ICPP'17, ICCD'17
- External Review Committee: HPCA'16
- Application Defined Computing Component Configuration, US Patent Number 2014/0108773, 2014
- Programmable Memory Controller, US Patent Number 2013/0282972, 2013