I am an assistant professor in the School of Computing at the University of Utah. My research interests are in the broad area of computer architecture, with an emphasis on energy-efficient computing for future computer systems.
I am looking for highly motivated and hard working students who want to work in energy-efficient computer architecture and memory-centric accelerators. If you are a new CS/ECE student at the University of Utah, feel free to contact me for arranging an appointment; otherwise, email me your CV and apply to the SoC graduate program.
Honors and Awards
- Dean's teaching commendation letter for Advanced Computer Architecture (CS/ECE 7810), 2017
- IEEE Micro Top Picks in Computer Architecture, 2017
- HPCA Distinguished Paper Award, 2016
- IEEE Micro Top Picks in Computer Architecture, 2013
- Samsung Best Paper Award, 2012
Selected Publications (see all publications)
- Accelerating k-Medians Clustering using a Novel 4T-4R RRAM Cell, TVLSI, 2018
- Memristive Boltzmann Machine: A Hardware Accelerator for Combinatorial Optimization and Deep Learning, HPCA, 2016
☆ IEEE Micro Top Picks; ☆ Distinguished Paper Award.
- Enabling Energy Efficient Hybrid Memory Cube Systems with Erasure Codes, ISLPED, 2015
✐ Highlighted by The Next Platform (here).
- DESC: Energy-Efficient Data Exchange using Synchronized Counters, MICRO, 2013
- PARDIS: A Programmable Memory Controller for the DDRx Interfacing Standards, ISCA, 2012
☆ IEEE Micro Top Picks; ☆ Invited paper for publication in ACM TOCS.
- CS/ECE 6810: Computer Architecture (Spring 2018, Fall 2016)
- CS/ECE 7810: Advanced Computer Architecture (Spring 2017)
- CS 7937: Architecture and VLSI Seminar (Fall 2017-present)
- Payman Behnam, CS, Ph.D. Student
- Arun Visweswaraiah, CS, M.S. Student
- Krunal Jain, CS, M.S. Student
- Manikanth Miryala, ECE, M.S. 2017, First Job: Power Management Firmware Developer, Intel
- Arjun Pal Chowdhury, CS, M.S. 2017, First Job: Principal Design Engineer, NXP
- Yomi Karthik Rupesh, ECE, M.S. 2018, First Job: SoC Design Engineer, NVIDIA
- Editorial Board: Microelectronics Journal
- Organizing Committee: ISCA'17 (Publications Chair)
- Program Committee: IPDPS'17, ICPP'17, ICCD'17, EMC2'18 (with ASPLOS), ICCD'18, HPCA'19
- External Review Committee: HPCA'16, HPCA'18, DAC'18
- Panel: National Science Foundation
- Application Defined Computing Component Configuration, US Patent Number 2014/0108773, 2014
- Programmable Memory Controller, US Patent Number 2013/0282972, 2013