Re: [plt-scheme] Re: Ah. I understand.

At Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:53:42 -0500 (EST), Matt Jadud wrote:
> 	First, I'd like to use this with students. I can easily extend Beginner
> Scheme with primitives for the Mindstorm (a module that imports Beginning
> Scheme, and exports all of Beginning Scheme with a few more primitives). This
> leverages all the excelent error messages, etc., in Beginner Scheme--meaning I
> don't have to recreate this effort for use with beginning students. Cool.

You can also use a TeachPack -- if you do that, you won't have to
modify any of the languages. Instead, your compiler can just recognize
the TeachPack exports and transform them suitably. Since your compiler
will ignore the actual code in the TeachPack, you can put stubs in
there that signal useful error messages, or even have a graphical
"prototyping" tool that lets students have a faster edit-debug-run
cycle.

Robby