Re: [plt-scheme] language levels in mzscheme?

At Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:57:13 -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:

> I want to work through EOPL using (mostly) mzscheme instead of DrScheme.
> Is there a way to get different languages using mzscheme?

In the case of EoPL, you can use

  (require (lib "eopl.ss" "eopl"))

or start MzScheme with

  mzscheme -M eopl

This is technically not the same as the EoPL language in DrScheme
(e.g., `car' is module import instead of a top-level binding), but the
differences are unlikely to cause you any trouble.

Similarly, you can get the Beginning Student bindings with

  (require (lib "htdp-beginner.ss" "lang"))

In this case, the differences are significant. Merely requiring the
language's bindings does not, for example, configure the reader for
case sensitivity, and it does not mask out pre-existing MzScheme
bindings that have no counterpart in DrScheme's Beginner language.

Matthew