Re: [plt-scheme] Cannot get DrScheme alpha 20/Quartz to run on OSX

At 12:42 PM +0200 6/5/02, Erich Rast wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was able to get alpha19 for Quartz to run using precompiled
>binaries and the CVS source tree, but unfortunately, I deleted it,
>and DrScheme alpha20 does not run.
>
>Problems:
>
>- there is no longer a precompiled Starter.app.tar.gz in
>http://download.plt-scheme.org/binaries/pre-release/mac-osx/
>
>- following the instructions,
>
>     mzscheme -mvqL- setup.ss setup
>
>does fail with a lot of error messages. In the above directory, a
>DrScheme folder is created, but it has no icon (no bundle bit set?).

Beginning later today or tomorrow morning, Starter.app.tar.gz will be
available from the download site.  In the meantime, this file is
available at <http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/clements/download/>.
Install this in the collects/launcher directory, then run setup again.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

john clements