Re: [plt-scheme] TCP/IP simple server in MZScheme - how to? (Plt 1.3p1 release)

At Wed, 22 May 2002 19:51:32 +0200, Erich Rast wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with MzScheme yet and tried to create a simple
> server class to interface to a front end via TCP/IP. However, on Mac
> OS 9 in DrScheme and when I connect via telnet, the code below does
> display "connection" but only reads a few (5-6) list expressions and
> then the IDE quits with a low on memory message. Something in the
> methods start-listen-thread or data-available must be totally wrong.
>
> Does anyone spot an obvious mistake in the code below?

I didn't see anything wrong in the code you showed.

I suspect one of the following, in order:

 * A general problem in DrScheme's interface with the Mac OS 9 memory
   manager. (Most likely)

 * A problem in DrScheme's TCP support on Mac OS 9.

 * A problem in the code you didn't show. (Least likely, given the
   symptoms)

Is it any better if you run directly in MzScheme?

Matthew