Re: [plt-scheme] scheme unit/sig (fwd)

Hello,
No, we (I'am the mentioned partner) asked in both the list and the group.
Prof. Felleisen gave the crucial hint in the newsgroup. We used now a factory
to generate the views, and this factory instantiates the views and hands them
a closure that was created in the servlet scope, so every view can use
send/suspend. The nice thing about this is, that you can design your
application using MVC just like any GUI application and you don't have to
worry about the entry point and in fact you actually don't worry about being
"web based" at all.
However the unfortunate downside is the necessary resource management of the
PLT webserver (since it can hold only a limited number of continuations)
which has been solved by using a timeout after which the server "forgets" the
continuation. This might not be useful for _all_ applications, but in general
it is a great approach.
I'am not sure whether this is a stupid idea, but if it was possible to still
have send/suspend in various places in your code and the webserver would not
store the whole continuation but just a declared state (i.e. the state of the
controller which might be as little as a handful of variables), that would
still allow a similar (the same?) design and be from an aspect of resources
much cheaper.

									Thomas