Re: [plt-scheme] macros

At Fri, 03 May 2002 09:42:13 +0200, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
> Why, if the debugger is on, the 'define-macro' form doesn't
> produce macros, but global struct:z:syntax things which
> expand as macros, but are completely immune to 'expand-defmacro'?

Up to version 103, we had not really settled on a macro system.
Mzscheme provided a pile of define-macro tricks to get by, while
DrScheme used the more flexible and consistent Zodiac expander. We
hacked both to reduce the difference, but (as you've seen) we could
never make them match completely.

This problem goes away in v200, where there is one macro system that is
used in all modes (because it does everything).

Matthew