Re: Shootout Stuff

  . . .
> The issue isn't just parentheses--it's understanding the overall program.
> Comparing Scheme to, say, Python or Ruby, it took me much longer to get a
> feel for the *internal* construction of something like PLT Scheme's net
> collection vs the Python/Ruby equivalent. That isn't a statement about
> which implementation is better or worse--just a personal issue about seeing
> the intended design.

Do you have any feel for the extent to which the understanding problem
is
related to the difference(s) between functional and imperative
programming?
I know I found that the differences between functional and imperative
solutions
to the same problem could be pretty profound.  And this has nothing to
do with
parentheses -- I noticed the same thing using Haskell or ML.

 -- Bill Wood