Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

Hi,

I was writing:
> > One word about types though: Why did C++ come up with 'templates'
> > if static typing would really be that great?
Jerzy Karczmarczuk complained:
> But templates are a part of *static* type system of C++, I don't
> understand at all what do you claim.

You are right, template-functions are type-checked before run-time. In
fact, they seem to be a clever way to keep static type-checking and
also be able to call a function with values of different types each
time.

Sebastian