Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

--- Jerzy Karczmarczuk <karczma@info.unicaen.fr>
wrote:
> PLEASE!

:)

> For people who *seriously* pose themselves the
> question which type system
> (or lack thereof) use in practical programming,
> independently of the human
> side of the affair, of the ergonomics, of debugging,
> etc. there is also
> a question of brutal efficiency.

Agreed.  Brent knows his way around a compiler so he's
aware of the issue.  That said if your Scheme has a
module system and/or no load or eval then you can in
theory compile away lots of those type checks. If you
choose to write in a style that matches what the type
inference algorithm can infer then you can compile
away all of those checks.  Stalin in an example of
such a system as is the compiler I intend to write
someday ;)

Noel