Re: All threads

At Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:50:26 +0100 (CET), Zbyszek Jurkiewicz wrote:
> Is it possible to find (from the Scheme procedure) all active
> Scheme threads?

FWIW, the reason we haven't added something like
`custodian->thread-list' to MzScheme is that it can expose
implementation details that arguably should be hidden --- for example,
that `system' sometimes creates threads to manage I/O.

Debugging is a good reason to get the list, though. Probably the right
solution is to base the function on some combination of custodians and
inspectors (i.e., generalize inspectors so that they deal with more
than just structures to provide a general debugging interface). But I'm
not sure.

Matthew