FW: Probable anonymous CVS outage Monday the 18th

This affects anonymous cvs for the PLT archives.

-- Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: jay@ccs.neu.edu [mailto:jay@ccs.neu.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 5:19 PM
To: matthias@ccs.neu.edu; lieber@ccs.neu.edu; mlogan@ccs.neu.edu;
dougo@ccs.neu.edu; jayantha@ccs.neu.edu; johan@ccs.neu.edu;
steck@ccs.neu.edu; mflatt@ccs.neu.edu; ptg@ccs.neu.edu
Subject: Probable anonymous CVS outage Monday the 18th

Hi.  You're getting this mail because you or people in your research
group own CVS repositories that are served by our anonymous CVS server,
cvs.ccs.neu.edu.

We are planning to upgrade that machine to Solaris 8 (from Solaris 2.6)
on Monday the 18th, which would mean that anonymous CVS would not be
available for much of the day.  This will *not* affect authenticated
CVS from CCS machines (or via ssh), just anonymous CVS.  But I wanted
to give you an opportunity to let me know if that was a particularly
bad time for you (e.g. if you were planning a major release on that day
or something).  So if it's a problem for us to take anonymous CVS down
on that day, please reply to this mail to let me know.  If I don't hear
back, I'll assume it's fine and the downtime will go ahead as planned.

(My guess would be that anonymous CVS would be down between
approximately
11:00am and 4:00pm.)

Sincerely,

Jay Sekora